Snowmageddon 2010

 I am sure you all have heard the East Coast has gotten slammed with snow, which means my 4 kids have been home since last Friday & we really didn't get out much.

Luckily before the storm came I had the good sense to go to Goodwill & grab some sweaters so that I could make one of these.  I found a great piece of material at JoAnn Fabrics in the remenant aisle for the back & got to work all day Saturday.  Then when it was time to sew her shut, my machine kind of died on me.  I got the machine when my mom passed away & I think it just needs some oil because it is making one hell of a squeaky noise & the bobbin thread keeps catching.    I even sewed little heart buttons in the middle of each square while watching Lost the other night. 

It is such a  warm blanket, I feel asleep on the couch yesterday while the boys napped.  Now as soon as this snow clears a little I am taking the machine in to get some oil so I can start making some of these!  Let the Spring thaw begin!

Comments

Abi said…
Love it! Was it hard to sew the knits?
YAY!
keana! i LOVE it!
and SO valentinie! :)
Anonymous said…
love the knits it looks so cozy. I think I found a use for all of the sweaters I haven't been wearing. You watch Lost? I LOVE that show but man you can't figure it out.
Breanne Martin said…
that is so cute! i've wanted to make a quilt for a while, but barely know how to use my machine!

Popular Posts