Bring on 2009!

As I sat down to reflect on the year ahead with all of you I started to panic slightly. I realized how much I have ahead of me. It was scary. The scariest part was the realization that I don't know that I will have a lot of "me" time.

As many of you know my mom is not doing well, and after her appointment on the 30th of December the doctor told her to just go home, call hospice, and enjoy her time. So I will be traveling home quite a bit to see her. Sometimes with the kids, sometimes without.

On top of that, my sister-in-law gets married on June 13th, my daughter's BIG recital is June 20th, my baby arrives somewhere around July 24th & oh yeah, we are adding a 5th bedroom over the garage. Which in itself is HUGE, but then I realized Sabrina will be moving into our old room(it will need painted) Jack into Sabrina's old room(it will need painted) baby-to-be into Jack's old room(it will need painted because we are taking a wall down in there). Hold on a sec.....panic attack coming on! *breathe, Keana, breathe* Was it's God's joke not to give mother's 8 arms, because we really needed them!What I would really like to do is take a sewing class at JoAnn's ( I think I just might). Sew more, organize my home, finish knitting Ruby, attend the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival, get my D90 fixed(the LCD screen broke) Flickr more, cook less, & organize my yarn storage chest. Wow, I really try to make it all about me, but somehow it just never works out that way.
I started my first project yesterday, going through 3 big plastic bins full of old photos. I went to JoAnn's & got these. I started labeling photos & trying to remember what year they were taken. It will take me a couple weeks but I know it can be done. I guess my overall New Year's Resolution is to be MORE ORGANIZED!!!!! It would make my life so much better.
Happy New Year bloggy friends, I couldn't imagine going through all this craziness without you guys!

Comments

Erin said…
Happy New Year! I would love to get organized more too.

And I am really sorry to hear about your Mom.
Karen said…
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your mom. My thoughts will be with you and her and your whole family. As for 2009 - it sure sounds like it's going to be a crazy one. I'm glad you are making a plan for some YOU time. That's very important. Congrats on the news of the new baby!!!
KnitPastis said…
I like your plans for 2009! Those little boxes are what I have kept all my photos in too. They are great. Although, since the last four years, I haven't printed any photos, only keep them on file. One of my favorite things is to take out old photos and look at them for hours.
I am looking forward to seeing your all your new renovation.
So sorry to hear about your mom. I know you will make every moment special with every visit.
Traceyleezle said…
Take it one day at a time. You will do just fine dear. Oh Keana, I have the baby bug so bad, why did you have to go and be pregnant now too? Pinch Jack's cheek for me.
Sandy said…
Keana, you have a lot on your plate. But I really think you should take the sewing class (especially if you think it will be 'you' time to zone out on stressful things).

I'm so sorry about your Mom.
Anonymous said…
What happened to your Nikon?!Yikes!

Your mental frenzy sounds exactly the same as mine. We all have to do the room shuffle here too and in the future will need to do a renovation as well. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. We're still not sure where everyone is going to sleep ;-)

But most importantly is finding that balance to give you the strength to handle what you know will be an emotional year for you. So much transition. I know that you will do it. Much love and warm wishes to your mom. We are keeping her in our thoughts.

P.S. Wish I could take a sewing class with you!
Nicole said…
happy new year 1 when you figure out how to get everything done , let me know , k?!?
Anonymous said…
Hang in there, Keana. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom too.

Did you get my email re: the RYC Soft Lux yarn? It might have gone to an old email address. If you want it, I'll send it to you - just need your address.
Anonymous said…
Take the sewing class! The one really lovely thing about sewing clothes is that it's so much faster than knitting.

Your mom is in my prayers.
Anonymous said…
You do have a busy time ahead of you. Happy 2009!

I wish your mom all the best at this time. I'm so sorry!

Popular Posts